Thursday, May 24, 2007

Summer 07 Vacation- Destin, Florida

After Owen's graduation last Saturday, our family took a mini-vacation. We went first to Auburn, AL to visit our great friends Chad and Carisa Wilsie. They gave us a chance to relax, showed us around Auburn, and introduced us to grilled pizza!. On Monday morning we woke up very early and drove to Destin, FL. We stayed at the Hilton Sandestin Resort (yes, that's right the Hilton; we knew we would only be there one night and this was a celebration for both of us graduating seminary in the past year, so we went all out). We could see the ocean from our room and the hotel had a really nice pool which Austyn absolutely loved. Below are some pics from our vacation, plus we have inserted a video link of Austyn's experiences with the ocean and pool.

She just LOVED the pool. You can't see it in the video, but her feet were kicking like crazy the entire time. I think she has found her sport!!
Make sure to turn up the volume to listen the cheesy music playing in the hotel pool area. It's hilarious while watching Austyn.
Austyn was attacking a wall of toys the huge outlet mall in Destin.
She looks so small on the king sized bed. Too cute!
The beach/ocean from our room. Nothing is better that waking up by the ocean!
The two pretty pools from the room.
Austyn sitting in a booster seat at a restaurant. She's been able to do this for a while now.
Look at this big girl. She can ride in the grocery cart.
You have to goa little slow b/c the turns take
her a second to catch her balance.
This is the Village at Baytown Wharf in Destin. We played here
one night. It's a very neat place. Lots of restaurants, boutiques,
and small stores surround this quant village. Super
family friendly. We ate some yummy homemade strawberry
truffles at a local candymaker's store. Yumm-o!
This is a gigantic checkerboard that you walk on and move the
pieces with your feet. Austyn slept for most of our game in her
stroller. She woke up at the end of the game just as
I was beating Owen!! Good timing, huh :) !
This is a family pic after our checker game.
We went to the beach early Tuesday morning before we
had to leave to come home.
She was very neutral in response to us dipping her
feet in the ocean. She is such a trooper!
The shoreline from our hotel.

3 comments:

Travis and Stephanie said...

I pray you will have a safe and uneventful move. We will miss you!!

Travis and Stephanie said...

One more thing...Justin and Melinda had their baby last night around 8pm. She ended up having to have a c-section but she and the baby are doing well. It is a boy and they named him Noah Fields. I don't know if someone has called you or not, so I thought I would leave a comment on here so you would know. :)

Travis and Stephanie said...

Hey Amanda! I will be sending you the recipes once I get a chance to type them up. I also wanted to let you know that I moved our blog to a different site this morning. Therefore, you will need to edit your link for our page. All you need to do is change "blogspot" to "wordpress". The new address is: http://travisandstephanie.wordpress.com/
Love ya and miss ya!!
Steph