Wednesday, August 23, 2006

As the Stomach Turns...

So, I promise I'm going to put some pics of us up on this thing. I keep forgetting to take pictures-my bad.

Well, what's been happening lately? Owen and I went to visit a new doctor down here. She is an amazing doctor and at the best possible hospital, but we didn't feel like she was the right doctor for us. So, after much prayer, I located the only midwife in the New Orleans area (that I could find on reputable, accreditation websites) and made an appointment. I'll be meeting with her on a week from yesterday. We both feel more at peace about this decision then after meeting with the other doctor. We'll let you know how everything goes next week.

Our baby girl is insane. I truly believe that she doesn't rest unless I'm exercising. The weirdest feelings are when she decides to do a flip. My stomach is literally turning, and my face totally shows it. Very cool, but so weird at the same time. It's so hard to believe that God created women's stomach areas to stretch as insanely as they do during pregnancy. Please, God, may my stomach go back to 'normal' one day. I'm optimistic (or determined)-what can I say!!

Owen started school on Wednesday of last week. He is now on a mission to finish every project and paper before the baby comes. That way, he'll only have to focus on taking care of two babies (me and our daughter) right before his finals. For me, not being in class is amazing. My current mission is to figure out when the school is going to send me my diploma. I'm gonna pull the 'pregnancy' card soon if it doesn't make it's way into my little hands in the next few weeks. They would probably just laugh at me, but I have to do something.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey Amanda. This is Jenny Hunter here. I stumbled across your blog the other day. Glad to hear all is going well with the pregnancy. Things are going well with mine as well. What day are you due? I forgot. I am Nov. 24th. I know we were pretty close together. My hubby starts his new seminary class next week. Have a good one!

Travis and Stephanie said...

Hey Amanda,
I don't know why I am posting since I work with ya (sort of) but anyway...I am glad you could come over last night and we should do stuff while our husbands are studying! I go a bit stir crazy at times when he is studying and I don't have anything to do! Feel free to drop by anytime!! :)

the rigdons said...

hey girly! keep posting- it's fun keeping up with you via internet! :)