Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Back in the Big "Easy" ("easy" is up for debate down here)

We're finally unpacked back in New Orleans. I'm loving our new apartment. Now, we just have to get the baby's room ready. No names yet for those who are curious. We have one we like but I'm not wanting to go forward with it until I'm sure that's what I like-forever. Owen is already sure. Looks like I'm the straggler! :)

It's really odd being back here in N.O. Groceries, gas, and anything entertainmenty is about 15-20 minutes away. Is it obvious that I'm a city girl? Not having stuff readily accessible is so not up my alley.

Owen and I both have jobs here on campus-30hours/week. Not too shabby! He starts class on August 16th (a week after my BIRTHDAY!!). I'm not sure if I have truly grasped that I'm done taking class-forever. Getting my Master degree was awesome, but it's a reality check. I don't start class again this fall. Instead, we have a baby coming into our lives in November. WOW! Life happens fast. I'm daily reminded how thankful I am that God is totally in control instead of me!!!

Well, I'll try to post pictures soon of REAL life here in New Orleans, of our apartment, and of course of my growing baby bump!! Stay tuned folks!

No comments: