Monday, July 30, 2007

Cake Decorating Class

So, the past month I have been taking a cake decorating class at Hobby Lobby in order to meet some people and use my creativity. At each class, I felt like the slow kid. All of the ladies (many decades older than I) had done some of this stuff on their own. They just wanted to brush up their skills w/ the class. Here I come- the newbie! But, I will say that come the end of every class, I finished exactly when the others class and with a product that I (and they) were really proud of. These are the cakes I made this month in course 1. I will start course 2 next month (where I will only decorate one cake at the end- but it will be a TON of work).

The Rainbow Cake (week 2)


The Clown Cake (week 3)


The Wilton Rose Cake (week 4- tonight; don't think I'm not really proud of this thing!)

I'm not going into business or anything, but if anyone is interested in me making and decorating a cake for a little $, I might be open. This was a lot of fun!

2 comments:

The Pettijohn's said...

Wow!! what a fun idea!! I would love to find something like that around here! Maybe I can make my own wedding cake :) haha! Your cakes are all so pretty! Job well done!

the rigdons said...

awesome!

are we on for lunch tomorrow?