Monday, May 07, 2007

Apples!!

I was eating breakfast 3 days ago. The usual- cereal, yogurt, and an apple. When I sat down next to Austyn (who is now sitting up by herself), she spotted my apple. I like to cut it into slices. Eating it until you reach the core really isn't my thing. Anyways, she leans over and starts hitting one of the pieces of apple. This usually means, 'Hey Mommy, I want to pick that thing up!" So, I handed her the apple slice. This is what happened next.





How cute is she?!?!














Austyn just starting chowing down on my apple. Teething, sucking---she was very happy. I demonstrated Austyn new 'trick' to Owen yesterday. She is just so funny.

Currently, Austyn is eating all sorts of yummy foods. I'm making her baby food. It's just too easy and oh so cheap. Did I mention healthy?! Apples, carrots, bananas, sweet potatoes, butternut squash...she's had them all, and she loved every minute--esp. the carrots! Apparently a cousin (Donia- for those who know) of ours started to turn orange as a child (so the story goes) from eating too many carrots as a baby. I don't think we're headed in that directed but she definitely grabbed the spoon from me to get the carrots in her mouth faster than I was going.


Here's a new family pic we had a friend take for us yesterday. Just wanted to let everyone know we're alive and well.

Please be praying for where Owen and I might be serving after his May 19th graduation from seminary. We travel Mother's Day weekend to go before a church. More details to come when things become official.

2 comments:

Travis and Stephanie said...

Hey! So is the addition of food helping the tummy trouble? Austyn is TOO cute and Travis and I will definitely pray about your post-seminary plans. I can't believe it is time for graduation again! WOW!

the rigdons said...

precious!