Friday, November 10, 2006

39 weeks and counting!!!

So, today is 39 weeks for us. This little baby is just completely content with staying inside of me. I'm so totally uncomfortable, but does she care? No, she has a little heated swimming pool 24/7. I can't blame her, though. Owen and I were both late babies b/c we too loved hanging out 'poolside'. Currently, Owen and I have daily pep talks with the baby. We try to think up really great reasons why she should be born that day. So far, she has shot down all of our creative ideas. How rude! :)

Our midwife says she is just doing great. We are just semi-patiently waiting for her to make her little debut now. If I could choose, it would have been yesterday. Apparently, she isn't consulting me on this one. I've been praying for great patience to wait on God's perfect timing for our baby's birth day. It's getting really tough, though.

Comments made by either well-meaning individuals or completely ignorant people are the struggle I'm currently dealing with. Is it sad that I've heard so many dumb remarks that they are beginning to roll off my back b/c I've already heard their comment before? For example, I'm asked by many- 'haven't you had that baby yet?' People, really, does it LOOK like I've had the baby. No!!! Oh, I'm still walking around the campus about 40 minutes every day (it's really getting hard now). I had one lady say as I walked- "Girl, that baby is gonna drop out on the pavement if you keep walking like that." Thanks alot, lady. Don't you think I would stop walking if I felt a head beginning to emerge from my body. Lastly, everyone I ever cross paths with the past few weeks says "It's a boy, isn't it." I kindly reply, "No, it's a girl." I get these bewildered looks as if I'm lying to them. She has dropped alot in my stomach, so she is really low right now. They don't know that, so I'm not going to hold it against them. But, there was this one lady in Target that told me I was wrong! HELLO, I believe I looked at the ultrasound of my child clearly seeing that there were no MALE parts. Apparently, she is smarter than my doctors and the ultrasound equipment. Give me a break-please.

I'm already brainstorming what I'm gonna do if she doesn't come until after her due date. I've considered not coming out of the house, but then again, I would go crazy. I want this baby to come out more than everyone except Owen will ever know. Thankfully, I have the most wonderful husband in the world!! Owen is so encouraging. I just love that man!

Well, other updates. Owen and I have been working on starting up Angel Food Ministries (www.angelfoodministries.com) at our church. Considering the church's location, in the midst of our neighborhood, we had a lot of people from the community come out to make orders. The distribution day of these food boxes is the day after our baby is due. So, we may or may not be helping with this day. God has orchestrated this entire ministry at Edgewater (our church). We are SO excited to see how people in this post-Katrina community can come to know the Lord through this ministry.

Owen is still working super hard to get ahead in his studies before the baby comes. He doesn't have much time left. I stopped working 2 weeks ago. I've just been getting all of the little things done before the baby comes. Well, we'll try to post pics soon. We can't show you pics of the baby's room b/c we have her name up on the wall, and we've still kept it a secret.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I ran into Carisa at Maz's wedding and found out that you have a blog, so I have enjoyed catching up on this fun time in your lives! We will definitely be praying that the next week will be a smooth and peaceful one and that your little girl will get a move on! I cannot imagine two better parents...I mean, the girl has THE Hippo quarterback for a momma...what else could she ask for? :) Oh, and Amanda, I am in a Counseling class in my grad program right now and I have to say that it is not nearly as fun without you, Maz, and Carisa to cut up with!

Anonymous said...

i found your page off of stephanie's so i've been reading your updates for awhile. i thought it was time to comment so i don't qualify as a stalker, ha! anyway i just wanted to let you know that i understand 100% how you are feeling right now! logan decided to wait until 6 days after his due date to make his appearance. but i don't have any good advice for you, sorry. just remember that God has already decided which day she will be born so whenever it is, it's perfect! and i wanted to say i'm excited that you are going the midwife/no-epidural route. logan was born all-natural and i think it was the greatest thing ever. i will do it again for all my children.
i'll be praying for you girl!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I was talking to the cleaning ladies here in the HSC and they told me that you told them the baby's name. I must tell you that I think that Amowannade is a terrific name!! (Let me know if you "get" the name.) I am prayin' for ya! Maybe you should roadtrip to Atlanta and eat this famous eggplant parmigiana meal. Rumor has it, it causes women to go into labor and if you have the baby within 24 hours of eating there, the baby gets a free t-shirt! HA! For real, once Amowannade gets here, if you ever need a sitter, give us a shout! We promise to take great care of her and keep Peeper far far away!

the rigdons said...

you can do it!!!!!!!