Sunday, October 08, 2006

Baby Shower Today!!!

Our sweet friends at our church (Edgewater BC) had a baby shower for our baby girl this afternoon. It was just wonderful!!! These are some the the great presents (or "prizes" as our friend, Cole, says) the baby received. It was a pink and green extravaganza. Side note- those are the colors of the baby's nursery! We can't show any pics as of yet because I already put up name letters on the wall in her nursery that I made. I'm excited to show them to you, but we'll all have to be patient b/c her name won't be discovered by the adoring public until her arrival! :)

Our friends Jacque, Cole, and Lesley hosted the shower today. Aren't they just the cutest. I kept having to pull my shirt down while trying to take this picture. By the way, Owen was present at this shower. He is just wonderful about coming to all of the showers we've ever had- wedding, hurricane, and now baby. He is just amazing!! It's crazy how I bought maternity clothes months ago when they seemed to be "too big". Now, I'm just hoping they last the next 5.5 weeks. Oh, we're in week 34 now. It's going really fast now- scary and exciting all at the same time. By the way, we've being going to a ton of childbirth type classes. From breastfeeding to infant CPR to caring for your newborn, we've done them all. I just laugh b/c while all of these are great for preparing us for this journey, our best teacher will be life at is comes at us. I only wish real life with newborns had instant question and answer sessions with the 'experts'.

1 comment:

the rigdons said...

well, i'm not an expert- but you can feel free to ask me any questions when your baby gets here!!! :)

love you guys!