

Owen and I decided that we need to experience some of the AMAZING New Orleans cuisine before we leave this place in May. So, this past Friday, Owen and I went to one of Emeril's restaurants in the city- NOLA (that's what it's called).
As usual, we wanted to split our meal. Why do that you may ask? Well, the portion sizes are ALWAYS ginormous. Plus, we get more to choose from when we share. Por ejemplo ("for example" for our non-Spanish speaking readers), we shared an appetizer (crab cakes), an entree (pork tenderloin w/ this oh so yummy marinade), and dessert (layered banana cake- need I say more!!). It was fantastic food. Owen commented that there is definetly a difference between the food we ate at Emeril's NOLA and something at Chili's or Red Lobster. This food blows all others out of the water.
So, we have begun our culinary discovery mission in New Orleans. I'm excited to see where we'll go next. If you want to come and visit us, you won't have to drool just listening to our stories without getting to taste the yumminess of this city. Something to think about, eh?

1 comment:
Amanda-
Was NOLA the Emeril restaurant on Magazine street? We ate at one this past March for our anniversary and it was EXCELLENT! I told Travis I wished we were super rich so we could eat there every night (or at least once a week!) Glad to also see you got a crib!! YAY!
Post a Comment