Welcome to New Orleans! Owen and I are experiencing the Deep South for all it is-different. Different in culture, manners, attitudes, and socioeconomic groups. We are still trying to deal with the idea that the ghetto is one street away from mansions in N.O. There is no definitive separation. We are all together. Amazing when you think about the possibilities to live life with so many people from such diverse backgrounds!
Mardi Gras, as many of you might wonder, was something special. I've never seen people so stoked to get a string of five cent beads from a float passing by. But, some of these beads aren't just beads, there are fiberoptic, singing, expensive beads! The pomp and pageantry is only something experienced down South. It's the tradition that keeps people coming to N.O. and locals taking advantage of tourists :) ! Hopefully, we can get some pics of us up on this so ya'll don't think we've vanished.
Wednesday, February 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Love your site! I want to see pictures of you two. Love you guys! Mom
Post a Comment